I’m still obsessed over the idea of tartan tips, and with Christmas around the corner, I thought I’d get some seasonal colours in there too.
So here are the three sets of tartan tips that I’ve come up with – all with China Glaze polishes. Each is a little different – as tartan should be – and I used striping tape to start with and finished off free-hand.
This first set was done with :
- White Out (545), a basic white creme : 3 coats as it tends to be a bit patchy otherwise
- Crystal Chandelier (CGX248), a fine golden shimmer : 2 coats as this is extremely subtle
- Adore (692), a deep metallic green/blue
- Red Stallion (663), a classic bright, shimmery red
And this is the result :
For the second set, I used :
- Passion in the Pacific (561), a shiny, metallic green that makes me think of St Patrick’s Day : 2 coats
- Sexy Silhouette (223), a bright red tending slightly to magenta
- Black Diamond (629), a dark metallic grey that I swatched here
And this was the result :
I love the way that the red and green contrast on this one, and the fact that the red isn’t 100% opaque makes it look ‘more tartan-ey’ to me!
For the last set, I used the following varnishes :
- Long Kiss (087), a metallic red
- Simply Stunning (CGX251), a warm, pale gold
- Rodeo Fanatic (666), a dark, metallic blue-green
And here is the resulting tartan :
I’m really happy with the results, apart from the first, as I was shocked that Crystal Chandelier is so transparent – but I really need to find a way of doing these more quickly, thses 3 sets took an entire weekend!