I’m afraid I might have ruined this polish for myself. I have been lusting after it for a while, and when it came in stock in Pshiiit’s boutique, I just jumped at the chance to buy it! But I think I had built it up so high in my mind, that maybe I was always going to find it a bit disappointing.
I’m always on the hunt for the perfect peachy creme – I really love how peach looks on my skin tone, and it’s a bit different, whilst remaining feminine and work-friendly. But this one doesn’t quite hit the mark for me, for the following reasons :
- colour – it dries a bit brighter and more pinky than in the bottle. In the bottle, it’s definitely a peachy pastel, on the nail, it’s very nearly almost neon…
- brush – I’m not a fan of piCture pOlishes brushes – they are just a bit too thin and rigid, making the polish hard to spread, and it’s tricky to get a good smooth line around your cuticles – each to their own I guess !
- formula – I expect pale shades to need building up a bit – what I don’t expect is for them to be incredibly runny, flooding cuticles all over the shop, and being hard to build up
- bubbles – with all of those layers (4 + base coat), it took forever to dry – but I waited patiently – it still bubbled !
Yep, these photos are after clean up! I kind of gave up after a while
I’m sorry to write such a negative post, to try to balance it out :
- the skinny brush might be handy for nail art
- the colour isn’t bad, it’s just not what I was hoping for – it could actually be quite pretty paired with gold, for example
- I like the name of the polish
Like I said, I was expecting this polish to be perfect. So it’s not really piCture pOlishes’ fault that I’m not totally satisfied. It just feels like a bit of a bummer when it’s quite expensive (11€ for 11ml) and I waited so long to find it…